Project

Finishing the Zelda Shield, Sword, and Hat

If you've been following my blog, you know it's been a rocky road to be able to print the Zelda Shield (see Zelda Shield: A Total Disaster andĀ Zelda Shield Round 2: Failure is not an option!). Now that I've gotten the two pieces, I need to glue them together, remove the support plastic, smooth the… Continue reading Finishing the Zelda Shield, Sword, and Hat

Project

Legend of Zelda Master Sword

Since I already made Link's Hylian Shield, the obvious next step is to create the master sword. My first attempt resulted in one crazy bad print because I tried not using "Generate Support" on Cura... So yeah, generate support from now on. 0_0 I then had a successful print at 10% of the original size,… Continue reading Legend of Zelda Master Sword

Project

Zelda Shield Round 2: Failure is not an option!

So now that I've detoured myself by setting up the Raspberry pi with OctoPrint and OctoLapse, it's time to revisit the Zelda Shield! TL;DR I printed the two halves of the Zelda Shield with no issues now that I set up OctoPrint! I cannot stress this enough--set this up and printing will be stable and… Continue reading Zelda Shield Round 2: Failure is not an option!