I’m just your average video and board game geek who bought a 3D Printer and enjoys tinkering on tech projects. This floofy monster pictured below is my loud, goofy Persian cat Madam Crookshanks (aka Smoosh).
When I’m not training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, playing video games, or spending time with my beautiful soon to be wife, I’m tinkering on different tech projects.
When I first started this blog in the fall of 2018, I was just printing tiny hats and nerdy props to annoy my cats. If you’re looking to get into 3D printing as well, then check out my page where I summarize How to Get Started with 3D Printing.
I’m far from an expert on anything I write about, and these posts are primarily made for own my note taking purposes. But I love to share what I learn, and hopefully my frustrations and failures will inspire others to try out new things, too. You don’t need to be an expert with an IS degree to have fun with tech stuff…you just need to know how to use Google and keep trying. 🙂
In these past 9 months I’ve:
- played around with a 3D printer (check out my Zelda, Harry Potter, and Nightmare Before Christmas prints)
- learned about digital photography
- switched over to Ubuntu from Windows
- learned about python virtual environments
- researched pc tools and brought my desktop back from the dead
- set up a raspberry pi as a home server
- trained a few neural networks
- automated Instagram posts and meme making
If you ever want to chat about tech stuff or collaborate on something, you can email me at: email@example.com, or message me on Facebook at The Cat Geek. I’m just doing all this for fun, but I’m always open for suggestions on other things to get into! 🙂